Sunday, December 05, 2010

On Achieving Financial Independence/Richness

One of the main objective for individuals the world over is to become rich. While most do not define it further in terms of exact $ amounts, even worst are those who do not know how that the equation income-expenses=savings is terribly flawed.

The first category will most likely wonder about continuing to dream about becoming rich if they do not define 'rich' in exact $ amount and by when do they want to achieve this.

The second category, if they have managed to define 'rich' in exact $ and by when, may be better-off only if they realize that what was taught by parents and in school, i.e. income-expense=savings will not necessarily get them financial richness. Knowing this alone is not enough, they must have corrected this formula and began applying it on a daily basis.

The sooner individuals learn this, the better it is for them. As they would be able to free themselves from the terrible 'rat race' the financial system puts all financial illiterates into.

I have began my journey of freeing myself and have managed to bring down my personal overheads over the last year by 50% while slightly improving my current life-style.

How did I do this? As mentioned above, 1st, to define how much $ I want and 2nd, erase the previously learnt formula and replacing it with Income-Savings=Expenditure.

I hope this helps and wish you all the best in achieving Financial Independence/Richness.


No comments: